Experience Faster Healing with LANAP Laser Therapy for Gum Disease
Flatirons Periodontics & Implant Dentistry is a leading dental practice located in the heart of Boulder, CO. Our team of experienced periodontists and dental implant specialists is dedicated to providing patients with the highest level of care and personalized treatment. Our state-of-the-art facility, located at 350 Broadway Suite 130, offers the latest in periodontal and implant dentistry, including innovative techniques and cutting-edge technology. Whether you are in need of laser treatment for periodontal disease in Boulder, our team is here to help you achieve and maintain optimal oral health. Contact us today to schedule your appointment and experience the difference at Flatirons Periodontics & Implant Dentistry.
What Is LANAP?
LANAP (Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure) is a minimally invasive laser treatment periodontal for gum disease. The procedure uses a special dental laser called the Periolase MVP-7 to remove infected gum tissue and bacteria while preserving healthy gum tissue. This results in the formation of a new attachment between the gums and teeth, promoting healing and reducing gum recession.
Periodontal disease is a serious oral health condition that affects the gums, teeth, and surrounding bone structure. The disease is caused by the buildup of plaque and tartar, which leads to inflammation, infection, and eventually the loss of teeth. LANAP periodontal surgery is a highly effective laser treatment for periodontal disease. During the procedure, the periodontist laser gum treatment uses the laser to remove the infected gum tissue and bacteria from the pockets around the teeth. The laser also stimulates the production of new bone and tissue, which promotes healing and helps to reattach the gums to the teeth.
The Benefits of the LANAP Procedure: –
There are many benefits to choosing laser periodontal therapy over traditional gum disease treatments. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Minimal Tissue Trauma: One of the primary benefits of laser periodontal therapy is that it is much less traumatic to the surrounding tissue than traditional surgical methods. This means that there is less swelling, bleeding, and discomfort after the procedure, and the recovery time is generally much quicker.
- More Accurate Results: The use of laser technology allows the periodontist to precisely target the diseased tissue, which can lead to more accurate and effective results. This means that you are less likely to experience complications or recurrence of the disease after the procedure.
- Less Painful: Because the laser technology used in Lanap periodontal surgery is much less invasive than traditional surgical methods, patients typically experience less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure. This makes it a great option for those who are nervous about undergoing surgery.
- No Stitches Required: Unlike traditional surgical methods, Lanap periodontal surgery does not require stitches. This means that there is no need for a follow-up appointment to have the stitches removed, and there is no risk of the stitches coming loose or causing further discomfort.
- Better Outcomes: Studies have shown that patients who undergo laser treatment for gum disease experience better outcomes and greater stability of the gum tissue than those who undergo traditional surgical methods. This means that the results of the procedure are likely to last longer and provide greater benefits over time.
What to Expect from Lanap Treatment
LANAP periodontal surgery is typically performed in one visit to the periodontist’s office. The procedure takes about an hour to complete and patients can expect to experience minimal discomfort.
Before the procedure, the periodontist laser gum treatment will numb the affected areas with a local anesthetic. Laser periodontal therapy is then performed, during which the periodontist will use the laser to remove the infected gum tissue and stimulate the growth of new tissue.
After the procedure, patients can expect to experience some swelling and mild discomfort, but this should subside within a few days. The periodontist laser gum treatment will also provide instructions on how to care for the treated area, including instructions on how to brush and floss properly.
In conclusion, LANAP periodontal surgery is a minimally invasive and painless treatment for periodontal disease. It provides several benefits over traditional gum surgery, including faster healing, improved aesthetic results, and reduced risk of tooth loss. If you are suffering from gum disease, consider speaking with your periodontist about the benefits of laser treatment for periodontal disease.
What Is the Lanap Protocol?
LANAP protocol is a type of laser gum surgery that is used to treat gum disease. It is a minimally invasive procedure that utilizes a laser to precisely remove infected or damaged gum tissue while preserving healthy tissue. This results in less bleeding, swelling, and discomfort compared to traditional surgical methods. The laser energy also seals blood vessels, helping to reduce the risk of postoperative infections. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and typically requires only one visit to the dentist or periodontist. The LANAP protocol has been proven to be highly effective in treating gum disease and has a high success rate for promoting long-term oral health.
Is Lanap Costly in Comparison to Traditional Gum Surgery?
Lanap surgery, which is a laser-assisted periodontal procedure, is often more expensive than traditional gum surgery methods. The cost of Lanap varies depending on the severity of the gum disease and the number of teeth being treated. Despite the higher cost, Lanap is preferred by many patients due to its less invasive nature and faster healing time. Insurance companies may also cover a portion of the cost for Lanap, which can help offset the higher cost in comparison to traditional gum surgery.
What Is the Treatment Procedure for Lanap?
The first step in the treatment procedure for LANAP is a thorough examination of the patient’s teeth and gums to determine the extent of the gum disease. A local anesthetic is administered to numb the affected area, and a specialized laser is used to remove the diseased tissue and sterilize the surrounding area. The laser stimulates the production of new tissue, which helps to rebuild the gum line and reattach it to the teeth. The patient will be given post-operative instructions and will need to return for follow-up appointments to monitor their progress and ensure that the gum disease does not return.
LANAP Laser Therapy at Flatirons Periodontics & Implant Dentistry is a safe and effective way to treat periodontal disease and promote oral health. Our periodontist in Boulder, CO is highly trained and experienced in using this technology to provide patients with the best possible care. If you are interested in learning more about laser therapy, call us at 303-449-0410 to schedule a consultation.
Comments are closed.